Search Virtual Ephrata
 
powered by FreeFind

 

 
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3376
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Officers: Commander - Glenn Peifer
Sr. Vice Commander - Pat Hafer
Jr. Vice Commander - Tim Barr
Chaplain - Luther Shimp
Adjutant - John Pierce
Judge Advocate - Max Steininger
Quartermaster - Jack Snyder
Surgeon - Dennis Martzall
 
Meeting Time: First Wednesday of the month, 7:00 p.m.
 
Meeting Location: 141 South State Street, Ephrata
 
Cocalico Valley Post No. 3376, Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States of America, was organized October 17, 1935. There were forty charter members. Commander-in-Chief at the time of the organization of Post No. 3376 was James E. Van Zandt of Altoona, PA.
 
A resolution was passed in August 1938 to purchase the factory building of John Butzer. In September of 1940 the corner property known as the Elmer Gehman store was purchased. These properties make up our present site.
 
In October 1949 the Post, in conjunction with Burgess Good and local Ephrata police, sponsored a Jack Frost Halloween Party. This event has become an annual affair and has proved successful in minimizing vandalism.
 
 
 
 
Groups that benefit:
Ephrata Area Social Services
Cancer Fund
Post Prom
Beacon House and Veterans House (Ephrata)
Memorial Services
Boy Schouts
Local Vire Companies
Young Marines
Fall Ball
V.A. Hospital
 
Sponsor:
Kids' Christmas Party
Lite-A-Bike
Voice of Democracy
Jack Frost Parade
Patriot's Pen
Donate Flags
Packages for Troops
Operation Uplink

 a cooperative project of The Ephrata Public Library and The Ephrata Senior High School Media Department
Updated 7.24.2004